Sidewalks, Stairs & Floors

Sometimes an injury results from a fall while walking down a street or up a stair. And as harmless as it sounds, falls often produce terrible injuries. The Law Offices of Mark A. Eskenazi, LLC represent clients who have been injured in all kinds of falls.

Injuries sustained as a result broken or defective sidewalks or stairs or from falls on slippery or soapy floors, can be as severe and life altering as injuries suffered in car accidents and assaults. Such injuries can cause incredible economic hardship, pain and suffering and range from severe head trauma or back problems, to scars, nerve damage, broken hips or dislocated bones, paralysis, loss of limbs and even death.

Accidents involving falls on public streets or sidewalks or on property owned by the City of New York or other government entities have additional requirements which the injured person must be aware of. You have only 90 (ninety) days* from the time of your accident to file a Notice of Claim with the appropriate city agency when you've been injured on New York City sidewalks, on Housing Authority Property or at a City bus station or subway platform. In accidents resulting from falls on City property, a delay in either speaking to a lawyer or filing the appropriate paperwork can actually cause you to lose your right to sue.

We understand that the immediate goal following an accident is to ensure that you obtain all necessary medical care. We also understand that the next objective is to protect your rights and to move your case forward to seek compensation for your medical bills, your pain and suffering and the economic losses that you have suffered. We will discuss your unique situation and when appropriate, take immediate steps in court to move the process of recovery forward to seek money damages on your behalf.

If you live in the New York City, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens or on Long Island, and you or a loved one has been injured (or killed) as a result of a fall, you may be eligible to receive compensation under the law.

Call us at 718-992-4646 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.
Call before your time is up and it's too late to do anything.

*If more than 90 days have passed since your accident and a Notice of Claim was not filed, the law provides a way for a party to ask the court to extend that time beyond the 90 day limitation. If that's you, we will look at the facts of your case, the reason for the delay and discuss the options that are available to you.